Friday, February 5, 2010

My Grandma's Hoya

Just had to include this one... I treasure this plant and have transported it around from various houses I have been it.... It is a cutting of a Hoya that once grew at my Grandmother's place in Swan Hill Victoria.  It has followed me to Canberra, Forbes and now loves growing against the north facing brick wall on our deck in Orange.


and here is my littlelest admiring the Hoya flowers as well... she also found the large nectar droplets in the middle of the flowers - yum..



Gardening Australia has a nice good fact sheet on Hoyas if you would like to know more about them.

1 comment:

  1. Cute photo of your 'littlest' :-)

    My Gran had a Hoya also - and my sister now has it. I should get a cutting. thry have such lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete