Saturday, January 8, 2011

Getting back on deck after the Christmas break

I have been very reluctant to start working on the computer after the Christmas break... but as I start back at work next week I thought I would start back on our blog.  I hope you have all had a great break with family and friends.

I have chosen to start the year by simply sharing some photos we took on our break.

A post flood Castlereagh River at Gilgandra.


Washed out bridge near Coonabarabran.


Christmas Bells (Blandfordia nobilis (Blandfordiaceae) Liliaceae) in Washpool National Park.



Straddling the border.


Decorating the Gingerbread House...


Walking along the coastal rocks on the Suunshine Coast - trying to find some nature in a very built up area.


A wet walk in the forest inland from the Sunshine Coast.


Among the giant Bunya Pines and Hoop Pines at Bunya Mountain National Park.


We all had fun exploring so much over the break.  We are now catching up on gardening and making the most of what is left of the holidays before school goes back.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did some travelling. Looks like you had loads of fun.

    I'm sadly back to work this week also.

    We still on for camping? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tricia - yes still on for camping - as long as its not too wet. At the moment me and the kids will come across - not sure about the other half.

    ReplyDelete